Last year, i went to a beach with my sister. I live in Bandung, Indonesia.
Bandung’s topography is just a giant bowl surrounded by the mountains. So it’s hard for me to find a beach near my town.
I choosed Pangandaran beach. Pangandaran is a town and district of Pangandaran Regency within the province of West Java, Indonesia. It is located on the southern coast of the island of Java. Pangandaran is a popular tourist destination based around its well-known surfing beach.
After i reached the beach i made few strategies, because beside i want to play water, i want to make pretty pictures too! Such as a silhouette picture.
That picture i’m talking about. We dont need photoshop to do this.
Just follow this strategies…
- I brought wide lens, 45-200mm lens and 85mm. But then i decided to use 45-200mm lens, because i want to capture the surfers after play in the water like that. If i use wide lens, the people over there wont be captured pretty clear aka too small.
- Choose a Strong Subject. In this case i grabbed the surfers
- Turn off my Flash. Because if i use automatic mode on my camera… automatically my flash wants to accompany too, and it will destroy my idea.
- Get the right light. The perfect light for this is placing my subject in front of a sunset or sunrise – but really any bright light will be able to do the trick.
- Frame my picture, in this case my subject in front of a nice plain, but bright background.
- I made silhouetted shapes distinct and uncluttered, so my viewers wont be confused about what the shape is.
Ok, thats all from me… my trip to a wonderful beach. I bet if you are a surfer, you will pretty happy with the waves on the beach.
Too bad, i cant swim too good, after i had drown experience in my childhood 🙂
but gladly… i have no trauma making pictures…
~Have a happy reading, dear all~